Have you ever signed a one or two-year lease and, after six or eight months, had regrets due to changes in your life or new opportunities?
Perhaps you’re a remote worker or a digital nomad traveling from city to city and rely on Airbnb or local advertised rentals to find short-term accommodation. But, you are frustrated from inconsistent quality and headaches dealing with property owners. Is Landing the solution you have been looking for?
What is Landing? Landing provides flexible leasing options in fully furnished apartments that are pet friendly and eliminate the stress of booking long-term apartment leases. With over 24,000 apartments available across the USA, Landing could be your best option when it comes to signing your next apartment lease.
Landing allows you to live life the way you want. It offers you the flexibility to live and work in your favorite city and neighborhood, without a long-term commitment. In addition, leasing a Landing apartment allows you to experience different environments and cultures at an affordable rate.
In a fast-moving, ever-changing world, you need the flexibility to adjust to changing circumstances quickly. A cheaper and flexible option that works is apartment leasing by Landing. So, is Landing right for you? All you need is to visit their website, search available properties, find your Landing, request a virtual tour, provide your details, get approved, and prepare to move in. The application process only takes a few minutes.
What’s more exciting is that you can do the entire process using their mobile application available from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You can also use the app to pay rent, request extensions, schedule repairs, cleanings, etc.
If you experience any difficulty, you can get in touch with Landing customer support via their app, tell them what you need, and provide them with the necessary information to facilitate the leasing, and they will handle the rest. Yes! It’s that straightforward.
With over 24,000 available apartments in their Landing network spread across over 350 cities, you can be sure to find a Landing in your city or your next travel destination. Utilizing the Landing Explorer Pass, simply give 30 days’ notice and you can move on to your next location. Super easy and flexible.
Landing apartment leasing, in my experience, is the best flexible lease option in the USA if you’re a digital nomad or working in a different location for a short contract job spanning 1 to 12 months. In addition, Landing could be a better corporate apartment solution for your business. Landing can be used when relocating employees to a new city and or leasing accommodation close to the corporate office for visiting employees. Click here to receive $250 dollars towards your stay.
What is Included in a Landing apartment?
The apartments are designed with the user in mind to ensure they feel at home. Depending on your preferred type of apartment, a Landing includes some or all of the following aspects:
1. Modern Furnishings and Plenty of Storage
You will find quality and in-house designed furnishings spread strategically across the rooms to make your stay memorable. The furnishings include comfy sofas, seats with modern upholstery, stylish tables, and stools.
2. A Fully equipped Kitchen
There is nothing more fulfilling than entering a clean kitchen and finding all the necessary equipment to make a delicious meal. Landing apartments have all the essential equipment and appliances you will need to make your breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
You will find a clean sink, stove, refrigerator to store your perishables, stove for cooking your food, a full range of crockery, a microwave, a waste bin, and a continuous clean water supply.
The apartments also feature stylish and spacious kitchen cabinets, allowing you to organize your items quickly. You may find closed or open kitchen cabinets.
3. A Dedicated Workspace
Every apartment features a functional working space with a chair and spacious desk. Using a computer, you will find an electric socket to plug in your laptop charger. Some apartments have a power backup in case of a power outage.
4. Stylish Bathrooms
Nothing is more refreshing than taking a shower after a day of traveling or holding meetings.
The bathrooms are spacious and clean. They have all the basic amenities you may need, such as toiletries, bathing soap and shampoo, and in some cases, a clean new towel. In addition, some are installed with shower curtains, while others are installed with glass-based or wooden doors.
5. Luxurious bedrooms
The bedrooms are clean and feature a spacious and organized closet, functional lighting, a mirror, and a small drawer to place your items. They also have a comfy bed to give you a luxurious sleeping experience.
The bed has a minimum of two bedsheets, a warm blanket or duvet, a medium to high-density mattress, two pillows, and in some cases, a mosquito net.
6. Smart TVs and Fast WiFi
It would help if you kept up with the news on current happenings when you travel. Landing apartments feature wide smart TVs where you can keep up with the latest local and international news or watch your favorite movie or documentary.
In a digitally interconnected world, you can barely live without internet connectivity. High-speed and reliable WiFi provides a vital link to the digital world.
You can stream YouTube videos and Netflix movies while sitting on the comfy sofa. You can also work on your online-based assignments, research, or send that critical work email while seated in the working space.
7. Modern Interior Design
The interior design can make your apartment room lively, warm, and welcoming. Most Landing apartments have modern interior design characterized by;
- Monochromatic color palette
- Minimalistic design
- Natural lighting
- Plain walls or with wallpapers
- Secure door and windows
- Stylish window blinds and curtains
- Piece(s) of art
- Environmental awareness
Some apartments have some or all of the following amenities:
- Parking space
- Fitness center or gym
- Functional air conditioning
- Swimming pool
- A balcony with scenic views
- Pet-friendly setups
You can become a member of the Landing network by paying a yearly membership of $199. Being a member of the Landing network has many benefits, which include but are not limited to:
- Access to a network of over 24,000 furnished apartments.
- You don’t need to pay a security deposit for a rental apartment.
- Flexible leases – You don’t have to sign long-term commitments.
- You can reserve an apartment within a few minutes.
- You can easily and quickly transfer to a different apartment. You only need to apply for a transfer which is straightforward.
- Paid utilities for stays spanning 90 days or less.
- Unlimited access to a team of dedicated member-experience professionals
- Free travel within the network for up to seven days
- As a pet lover, you get pet-friendly options.
- 2 to 7 nights of stay in a vacant furnished Landing for every year of active membership
Landing Apartments to Fit Your Needs
You can choose among the following types of apartment rooms:
1. Studio room
It is a single apartment room with a full bathroom. It is suitable for students living out of a hostel or on internship. It can also be an excellent option if you are on a tight budget and don’t need to stay for long, say three months.
This apartment has one living room, a bedroom, a full bathroom, and a separate kitchen. It is suitable if you live alone or as a couple with no children. However, most one-bedrooms have one bed only, meaning it’s unlikely you can bring a friend along.
It has two bedrooms, one living room, a separate kitchen, and a full bathroom. Each bedroom often has a window for aeration and natural lighting. The majority have a working space.
It is suitable for a young family with a kid or more. It can also be a great option if you have a roommate. You can use the other room as a personal office if you intend to lease alone.
4. Three bedroom
This apartment has three bedrooms, a separate kitchen, a full bathroom, and a living room. Most three-bedroom apartments have a working space, and some may feature a small cabinet-based library.
It is suitable if you have a family, a nanny, and kids of varying ages. For example, the nanny can sleep in the same room with young kids or teenage girls, and the teenage boys sleep in the other room.
It can also be suitable if you and your roommate are digital nomads or work on a contract basis. Each can sleep in their bedroom and use the third room as an office.
Cost of Leasing or Renting a Landing Apartment
Each type of apartment attracts different charges depending on:
- Your duration of stay
- The size of the entire room in foots
- The neighborhood
- The number of rooms
- The amenities
- Price of acquisition by Landing
- Local tax
- Prevailing market rates, among others
You can lease a studio room in a serene neighborhood for as low as $1,000 per month.
Nine Advantages of Leasing Landing Apartments
Leasing a Landing apartment offers you the following benefits:
1. Flexibility – Leasing an apartment will allow you to quickly and easily move from one location to another. It also allows you to work from different places as you experience new environments and cultures. If your work involves traveling a lot, Landing is your best option.
2. No need to furnish – Landing apartments are well furnished; thus, you don’t need to buy new furniture or move in with your furniture. Leasing will reduce the cost of furnishing and enable you to experience new living environments with varying furnishings and interior designs.
3. Low maintenance and repair costs – Owning a house means paying for all repair costs. On the other hand, leasing means Landing, and the property owner pays maintenance and repair costs depending on their agreement.
4. Lower utility costs – If you own a three-bedroom home, it’s probably larger than a leased three-bedroom apartment. The utility costs for your home might be higher than that of the leased apartment since the latter may need more air conditioning due to the difference in size.
5. Access to Amenities – It would cost you thousands of dollars to install and maintain a pool or a fitness center as a homeowner. When you lease an apartment with Landing, you don’t have to pay extra cash for a fitness center or in-ground pool.
6. Real Estate taxes – You don’t need to pay property taxes, thus reducing your financial burden
7. No Rent Deposit – As a Landing member, you don’t need to pay the usual rent down payment.
8. Fixed Rent Amount – A landlord may change your rent, but Landing charges a fixed amount for the lease period.
9. Leasing is cheaper than a month-to-month tenancy.
Four Disadvantages of Leasing Landing Apartments
1. The lesser retains the right of admission, meaning they can cancel your agreement if an issue arises.
2. You cannot personalize the apartment rooms with permanent changes unless Landing authorizes it.
3. Smaller living spaces may not work for you if you prefer spacious rooms.
4. Shared apartments have reduced privacy compared to owning your home or renting a bungalow. Landing is my preferred choice in flexible apartment leasing. I have used Landing and believe they are the best option for digital nomads when traveling in the USA.